Pancakes should NOT be reserved just for special occasions.
Made with the right ingredients, they can be an awesome breakfast option - nutritious, filling, and most importantly, delicious.
The below recipe from the amazing Elisa Brunke ticks all the boxes and makes for an amazing start to the day.
It features our Madascgan Vanilla PERFORM protein powder, adding an extra 25 grams of plant-based protein (plus 6gs of BCAAs, digestive enzymes, and more)!
The recipe below is for 2 servings, but we won't blame you if you save it all for yourself.
1 ripe banana (about 125 g)
150 ml unsweetened almond milk
30 g maple syrup
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
70 g buckwheat flour
30 g brown rice flour
30 g Vivo Life PERFORM Madagascan Vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp coconut oil
100 g mixed berries, mashed
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp agave syrup
2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 banana cut into slices
4 tsp smooth peanut butter
1. Grab a fork and mash berries into a small bowl. Combine with lemon juice, chia seeds, and agave syrup. Place in fridge while cooking the pancakes!
2. In a bowl, combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it rest for 2 minutes. Mash the banana with a fork and mix in with the almond milk. Add the maple syrup and mix further.
3. Add your dry ingredients and quickly combine until you have a soft dough.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Add 1-2 tbsp of dough per pancake and bake for 3-4 minutes. Flip over, and bake for a further 3-4 minutes.
5. Keep them in the oven until ready to serve.
6. Add your chia jam, banana coins, peanut butter, and enjoy!
For more amazing recipes, make sure to check out @elisa.brunke